Don’t just take my word for it…
– The Brazilian Journal of Medicine has a study showing that PBF is a better predictor of CVD than BMI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3854278/)
– The Journal of Clinical Densitometry has a study showing the 10-year risk of CVD as it relates to muscle mass and PBF (https://www.clinicaldensitometry.com/article/S1094-6950(16)30252-9/pdf)
– Mayo Clinic produced a study that examines different healthy lifestyle characteristics (i.e., appropriate percent body fat) and their association with CVD biomarkers (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26906650)
– UCLE did a study and found that patients with existing CVD and with higher muscle mass and lower body fat had lower mortality risk (http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/higher-muscle-mass-associated-with-lower-mortality-risk-in-people-with-heart-disease)
– PLoS published a study about the association between body fat and long-term risk for CVD and diabetes (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5378370/)
– InBody also has a page that shows the importance of muscle mass and lower percent body fat on the risk of developing diabetes (https://inbodyusa.com/blogs/inbodyblog/how-to-fight-diabetes-with-improved-body-composition/)
Whether it’s girth measurement, BMI, or body fat %, the idea is the same. Lower your excess body fat and reduce your risk of disease.
It really is the most basic thing you can do to improve your health. Why do you think it’s what every doctor tells you to do when you go in for a check-up?
Losing body fat is a trigger for a bunch of other physiological conditions… Losing body fat goes right along with
– lowering your blood pressure
– improving insulin resistance
– reducing the risk of a serious coronary event
– improved energy, and reducing fatigue
– getting more and better quality sleep
Just eat right, isn’t as simple as it seems. Most people don’t know what it means to eat right so they have no basis to work with.
If you’re reading this then you already have access to good info on how the carnivore diet is dramatically helping people improve their health.
If you want more specific info, I can help you through my 8-Week One-on-One Coaching program.