Books and studies on the truth behind nutrition, fitness, and health.
The science behind Ketogenic diets. Why they work, what they do, and how you can change your life!
The Most Comprehensive Resource of Books, Studies, Articles, and Video content on Ketogenic diets.
A brief history of low carb nutrition. After 800 years can you still call Ketogenic diets a fad?
Here are some things you probably didn’t know about ketogenic diets. This list is not a comprehensive history, just some points of fact that you should consider as you research proper human nutrition.
Ketogenic diets encompass ANY diet that is focused on the removal/reduction of plant-based foods and the inclusion/prioritization of animal-based foods to optimize the nutrient intake and utilization of fat and protein by the body.
Common types of diets that fall under this umbrella are, Atkins, Theraputic Keto, Ketogenic Diet, Carnivore Diet, Ketovore, etc… Throughout history, ketogenic diets have been used with great success to enable amazing feats of human accomplishment and cure disease. Even though it wasn’t until the early 1900’s that a name was given to the concept of ketogenic diets, they have shaped the course of human development since the dawn of time.
Ketogenic Diet Facts
- In the early 1200’s, ketogenic, animal-based nutrition enabled Genghis Khan to conquer the world.
- In 1864, William Banting wrote, what is considered the FIRST diet book the, “Letter on Corpulence“. This book, proposed a low-carb nutriton lifestyle as a means for managing weight and health.
- In 1888, Dr. James Salisbury, introduced the “Salisbury Steak” in his book, “The relation of alimentation and disease“. As a doctor, Salisbury used animal-based, ketogenic nutrition to cure diabetes, gout, and other chronic ailments.
- In 1921, the biological mechanism behind ketogenic diets was discovered. This led to giving the diet a new name and breakthroughs in the care and management of epilepsy.
- In 1972, Dr. Robert Atkins introduced his method of low-carb nutriton in the book, “Dr. Atkins’ Diet Revolution“. This is really where ketogenic diets started growing in social consciousness in the 20th century.
- Most recently in 2021, Harvard University did a study that demonstrated a dramatic improvement of health and body composition in over 2000 people who followed a carnivore diet.
Book of the Month
Has your doctor lied to you? Eat low-fat and high-carb, including plenty of “healthy” whole grains—does that sound familiar? Perhaps this is what you were told at your last doctor’s appointment or visit with a nutritionist, or perhaps it is something you read online when searching for a healthy diet. And perhaps you’ve been misled.
Science Resource of the Month
Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease
Conclusions: A meta-analysis of prospective epidemiologic studies showed that there is no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD. More data are needed to elucidate whether CVD risks are likely to be influenced by the specific nutrients used to replace saturated fat.
Video of the Month
A Ketogenic Diet – How to Get Started
Why You Should Try a Ketogenic Diet
The Ketogenic Diet has been an effective tool for many years to help people with all sorts of issues heal themselves, and live better lives.
There is a long list of diseases, chronic illness, and other health factors that moving to a whole food and animal-based diet has helped people improve and heal. The benefits to metabolic health are the most impressive aspects of the diet.
How does the Ketogenic Diet do all this and help you lose body fat, gain muscle, and make you feel more energized?
I am passionate about helping people improve their quality of life. I am committed to helping you reach your goals. I have spent the last 10 years working with everyone from soldiers to grandmothers. I can help you.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- Certified CrossFit Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Nutrition Coach
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Behavior Change Specialist
- USA Powerlifting Coach
- USA Weightlifting Coach
- Kettlebell Trainer
- Functional Movement Screen Certified
- Ketogenic and Carnivore Nutrition
"This was the absolute best fitness program I ever participated in. Bronson is a great mentor and coach. This is the best way to turn your life around and live a healthy, productive life." - Sharif S.
Learn the 5 keys to getting unstuck and never stalling again!
Sign-up for the FREE virtual course.